14 January 2018

Oatmeal Banana Pancakes - Day Two

Today we tried it again after the fun yesterday, but with a more standard effect.
I used 1.5 c oatmeal flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 banana
1/3 cup dairy-free milk of some sort (whatever I had around)
1/3 cup maple syrup (we are now running low...)
2 cups of water
2.5 t baking powder
some vanilla

I dropped them with 1/8 c measuring spoons this time.

What I am guessing is that I can use the blender to "make" the oatmeal flour, blending as long as I like, but if I blend "too long" after it's liquid, maybe that's not smart.  I don't know.  But I did blend a long time today, and that was ok.  One other thing to note is that you should wash the blender pretty quickly, as the oatmeal can get horrible.

The kids prefer flatter thinner pancakes, so maybe next time I will increase the liquid again and try for larger pancakes!

No comments: