19 November 2008

Grains and Glop

So, I actually cooked tonight. As usual, I cook things quickly because I'm hungry. Michael was late getting back from work because of a meeting he went to.

So, for grains, I put in the ricecooker about 25% sorghum, 25% buckwheat, and 50% rice. It was some type of gourmet white rice. I put roughly the normal amount of water I would've if it had been all rice.

For the glop, I put about 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter to melt in the pot, then when it was molten, I added some random amount of whole wheat pastry flour as usual to create a whitesauce. Not having any nonsweetened soymilk tonight, I put some amount of heavy cream into the pot, maybe about a third of a cup. Then, I added some random amount of water, maybe about a third of the way up the pot. I then let that simmer. I added a package of frozen (thawed) peas and a package of griller crumbles, as well as a generous amount of shredded cheddar (maybe 5 ounces?)

Anyhow, that's roughly what it was, and Edwin appreciated it greatly. He was crying quite cranky and didn't want to eat, or so he thought, but I managed to get him to eat one bite and then it was really easy to get him to go to his chair so he could get more..

No comments: