15 January 2018

Pancakes - Day Three

I'm getting less exact here.. but it worked so I wanted to record it!
I dropped the Oatmeal entirely.  There is still a banana but you can't taste it.

1 2/3 c WW Pastry flour
1 2/3 c All purpose flour
just about 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
These dry things in the blender, mixed up and fluffy.

Then, add about 2/3 c Maple Syrup
1 banana
some Disaronno or vanilla or anything to flavor it
And.. lots of water. But I don't know how much.
At least 3 cups, but probably more. I lost track.

Michael thought it was the oatmeal making the texture work out, but
apparently that doesn't matter.  Possibly the trick is the banana?
Or maybe it's the fact that I let the blender run a bit to make sure
everything is all mixed up (thereby working up the gluten?)

But this mixture was very nice.  I used 1/4 c per pancake and this texture
allowed for making things like cars, a cat, a "house".  Stuff like that worked
better with this texture, as it felt "eggy" even though there were no eggs.
I was able to even flip the "cat" with whiskers w/o breaking any of the 6 whiskers.

No comments: